Powell Industries, Inc. Test Engineer in United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
To work closely with manufacturing and engineering disciplines to ensure all intelligent and non-intelligent LV and MV (up to 15kV) Switchgear and Motor Control Centres are functionally correct and manufactured to the correct standards. This will be achieved through thorough in house inspection and testing.
Test Team Leader
For whom responsible
No regular reports but will be reasonable for customers during Factory Acceptance Testing and all other disciplines while in the Test Engineers physical area of responsibility.
• The safe and timely execution of testing activities.
• Accountable for the Health & Safety of all personnel within the Test Engineer’s test area.
• Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and on time.
• Ensure that the companies Quality, Health Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are constantly adhered with.
• Ensure all switchgear it completed to the highest possible standard and does not get dispatched for delivered to the customer in anything but the best possible condition.
• At all times being helpful, courteous and professional towards customers.
• Perform professional and timely FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) ensuring that both the customer and S&I requirements are met.
The manufacturing function is split into a number of functional areas 3 of which have attached test resource. Effective and regular communication between department members is crucial. In addition the post holder when required must engage in regular communication with:
• After Sales Services
• Engineering – LV/MV/Systems Application Engineering
• Quality, Health & Safety and Environment.
• Contract Management
• The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
• A good technical background with specific bias towards the testing and inspection of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Switchgear & Motor Control Centres and associated equipment.
• The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
• The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
• The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
• The ability to encourage team working within own function and the broader business.
• The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
• Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
• Honest & Integrity.
• Sincere and genuine.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team worker.
• Dedicated and conscientious.
• Customer Focused.
• Planning and Organising.
• Problem solving and Decision making.
• Change Orientation/ Continuous Improvement.
Employment & Education Background
• The ideal candidate shall have good experience of testing LV & MV switchboards preferably supplied to an Oil & Gas/Petrochem market.
• Educated to a minimum of ONC in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Previous experience of testing of Electronic Protection Relays and associated communication systems an advantage.
The Job Description is a broad statement of the purpose, scope and responsibilities essential to performing within the role to a required standard. The role and responsibilities thereof defined within will change with technology, working practices and redefining of roles, and with this in mind, the process will be reviewed as changes demand. The format does not require every single task to be recorded, instead the Job Description is written in a ‘generic’ style that permits flexibility but defines the boundaries of responsibility and accountability.
Powell is committed towards equality in employment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans