Powell Industries, Inc. Manufacturing Coordinator in United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
To co-ordinate all aspects of the mechanical and electrical assembly processes ensuring departmental On Time in Full and quality requirements are met, and ensure business systems are aligned to the current production status.
For whom responsible
All personnel entering or working in their department.
• Accountable for the Health & Safety of all personnel within the department.
• Co-ordinate supply of all equipment and materials for the production line – right place right time
• Creating, implementing, monitoring and improving processes that drive OTIF delivery to assembly areas.
• Work with the relevant team leader to resolve any administrative issues found on the job, such as BOM issues, shortages, component failures etc.
• Work closely with the Supervisor to plan and co-ordinate teams for each contract
• Produce wiring schedules where appropriate and liaise with wire prep for their production.
• Ensure line stock such as Kanban and Direct Line Feed are at an appropriate level for the business run rate. Replenish when applicable.
• Incorporate manufacturing change orders into production.
• Produce a set of KPI’s to monitor cell performance.
• Transact projects through MES on completion of assembly to test and close out on despatch.
• Raise Non-Conformances where appropriate.
• Lead by example through a positive attitude and commitment.
• Motivate team members and create a strong team ethic
• Identify, and where necessary work with others to resolve issues and bottlenecks.
• Ensure quality standards and factory housekeeping is of the highest standard.
• Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and on time.
• Ensure that the companies Quality, Health Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are constantly adhered with.
• Ensure all products are produced and delivered to the customer’s requirements.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships through open lines of communication at all levels.
• Identify, validate and implement continuous improvement activities.
Effective and regular communication between manufacturing departmental members is crucial. In addition the post holder when required must engage in clear and constructive communication with:
• Switchgear design and development.
• Quality, Health & Safety and Environment.
• Project Management.
• Is able to demonstrate the ability to lead, coach and develop team members
• Has the ability and confidence to identify and address performance issues.
• The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
• The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
• The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
• The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
• The ability to encourage team working within own function and the broader business.
• The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
• Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
• The ability to produce clear factual evidence to assist in prioritising and resolving problems.
• Knowledge of business systems (Oracle / Agile / MES) is desirable
• Good level of understanding and use of Microsoft Office Packages
• Working towards or willing to undertake vocational qualification in team leader/management/ leadership skills.
• Knowledge of Powell processes and policies.
Team leaders currently in position should be working towards some of the above qualifications
• Honesty & Integrity.
• Sincere and genuine.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team worker.
• Dedicated and conscientious.
• Customer Focused.
• Planning and Organising.
• Problem solving and Decision making.
• Change Orientation/ Continuous Improvement.
• The ideal candidate will have the experience of working in a busy environment, able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and be a good communicator.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, send an email to email@example.com or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans