Powell Industries, Inc. Circuit Breaker Technician in Upland, California
Purpose of Position
Provide remote technical assistance and hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and testing of various low and medium voltage electrical distribution equipment.
• Refurbish, rebuild, repair, & test various types of circuit breakers, contactors, grounding devices, and other electrical distribution equipment.
• Provide remote technical assistance to internal and external customers
• Maintain current Depot Repair database with detailed breaker test reports.
• Provide safe and clean working environment.
• Interpret Powell electrical schematics & wiring diagrams. Retrieve & print drawings from Powell database.
• Reporting to Breaker Center Manager
• Internal relationships include regular interaction with: Project Management, Sales, Field Service, & Quality Assurance
• External relationships include regular interaction with: Clients & Vendors
Responsibilities, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent
• Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 Years in a similar role
• Demonstrated understanding of basic electrical theory, safety, and applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using Oracle, MS Outlook, Word & Excel
• Demonstrate proficiency on OSHA 10 regulations and procedures.
• Working knowledge with using the following test equipment: Hi-Potential Test Set, Insulation Resistance Test Set, DLRO, Multimeter, dial caliper, Time Travel Analyzer, Primary & Secondary Injection Test Sets.
• Must demonstrate working knowledge with the use of various hand tools and mechanical adaptability.
• Must have verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Proficiency in problem solving is a preferred.
• Willing to attend in-house and out-side training.
The employee typically performs duties in a normal shop environment; there will be some work in a production environment and/or at customer sites for pickup and delivery.
Occasional field service assistance on breakers and/or other electrical equipment at customer sites.
It is the policy of Powell Electrical Manufacturing Company to promote safe working conditions for ALL employees, to make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, to reduce accidents through prevention programs and to establish rules that are designed for the safety of all. It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis. Some of these objects may weigh up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.