Powell Industries, Inc. Mechanical Engineer in Northlake, Illinois
To modify, enhance, and create established standard designs and parts for our products.
* Design standard jobs with guidance.
* Read and interpret customer job specifications.
* Order materials.
* Create drawings.
* Interface with sales, customer (with supervisor) and shop.
* Completed task are check by more senior engineers.
* Train Mechanical Designers and Mechanical Engineers.
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related area.
* Minimum 0-3 years of experience in an Engineering role.
* Available to answer technical questions from designers.
* Ability to interact on a regular basis with shop personnel.
* Able to apply product knowledge and technical skills to solve simple application problems independently with minimum supervision.
* Basic computer skills using Oracle, Word, Excel.
* Ability to order materials electronically.
* Advanced drafting/CAD skills.
* Proficient with electrical design.
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Able to apply (told by others what it means and which code) ANSI and Other as it applies to the day to day activity.
* Basic understanding of power systems.
* Ability to apply industry standards as applicable to job and product.
* Troubleshoot mechanical problems with equipment in production and test.
* Create documentation to support assembly.
* Innovative to improve existing products based on quality, delivery, and cost.
* Able to design one product in the most economical way while achieving quality.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Attend local professional associations.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.