Powell Industries, Inc. Maintenance Technician in Northlake, Illinois
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment, both automated and manual. This equipment includes machines such as:
* CNC Laser Cutting and CNC Turret Punch Press equipment.
* Robotic Welding equipment.
* Automated Material Handling equipment.
* Automated Powder Coat Painting Equipment.
In addition to production equipment, you will be responsible for maintaining Facilities equipment and systems such as HVAC equipment, electrical systems and various mechanical devices used throughout the facility.
Daily responsibilities will include emergency and preventative maintenance on any machine or system in the facility and assisting production and manufacturing engineers with process and machinery improvements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You must be an organized, self-starter with above average problem solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest potential performance.
* 2-4 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance group.
* Minimum of 75 classroom study hours or seminar training in core training fields such as Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical, Welding, Machine Tools, and/or Troubleshooting.
* Experience with CNC control systems.
* Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.
* Experience with PCs and Windows software.
* Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.