Powell Industries, Inc. Business Development Manager in Northlake, Illinois
To assist the Sales Manager in leading, directing and motivating the sales team in order to achieve the overall departmental and corporate sales objectives.
* Assist Sales Manager in implementing and revising sales strategy plans
* Assist Sales Manager in generating sales opportunities and identifying appropriate target business opportunities
* Assist Sales Manager in providing a professional and excellent level of customer service with existing and new customer
* Ability to estimate, negotiate and respond to commercial and technical clarifications
* Assist Sales Manager in setting competitive pricing levels
* Supervise individual sales representatives within the assigned business unit
* Assist Sales Manager by completing all assigned duties
* Handle and resolve customer issues and communicate escalated issues to the sales manager to resolution
* Assist in addressing sales representative's questions, concerns, and product/service questions
* Generate and maintain sales reports as may be requested by the Sales Manager
* Make sure all employees adhere to established company policies and procedures
* Deliver positive feedback, rewards and recognitions to employees as applicable
* Communicate all employee issues, concerns and incidents to the Sales Manager
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* BS Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical Sales preferred
* Minimum 8 years of experience in an Engineering or Sales & Marketing role
* Minimum 0-5 years leadership experience
* Ability to lead a team as required.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of electrical products and applications
* Self-driven and results oriented and able to lead a sales team
* Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, and work plans skills
* Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
* Work will require significant local or regional travel to current and potential clients.
* Work requires a willingness to work a schedule above and beyond normal working hours to meet critical customer deadlines.
* Work does require occasional overnight travel and possibly international travel.
* Learn and follow company and departmental policies and procedures, work instructions, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations