Powell Industries, Inc. Business Development Manager in Northlake, Illinois
To assist the Sales Manager in leading and directing Bus Duct Product sales within the Powell Divisions as well as create a market for the products in the OEM market, ie Transformer manufacturers, Switchgear manufacturers, etc, in order to achieve divisional financial goals and corporate sales goals.
- Work with OEM Sales Manager to create complimentary sales environment
- Assist Sales Manager in setting competitive pricing levels
- Deliver feedback and suggestions to the business from customer involvement and interactions (voice of the customer)
- Generate and maintain sales reports as may be requested by Sales Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven record of sales and accomplishments
- Familiarity with commercial and legal contract terms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, and work plan skills
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong business acumen
- Customer focused with well-developed client relations skills, including conflict resolution.
- Has the ability to develop and propose customized or engineered solutions in order to solve customer issues while yielding profitable growth.
- Has the proven ability to build and foster strong customer relationships
- Understands customer challenges and pain points
- College degree in Engineering, Business or Technical Sales preferred
- Experience in an Engineering or Sales & Marketing role is preferred
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, and work plans skills
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Work does require occasional overnight travel and possibly international travel.
- Learn and follow company and departmental policies and procedures, work instructions, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations
#LI - AB1