Powell Industries, Inc. Test Technician in North Canton, Ohio
Our ideal candidate wants to work for a great company and assist the Powell Team to success!
Our inspectors test all gear to prepare for customer visits. It is under the charge of our inspectors to inspect and test bus duct, low and medium voltage motor control, low and medium voltage switchgear and power control rooms.
* Inspect and test all equipment manufactured at the North Canton Powell facility.
* Interface with manufacturing, engineering and our customers
* Attend department safety and training meetings.
* Adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
* Record shop discrepancies and shortages.
* Record engineering discrepancies.
* Complete all test/inspection documentation.
* Complete all shipping documentation.
* Perform maintenance on assigned test equipment
* Review and store all inspection documentation.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in the industrial electrical field
* Basic Knowledge of electrical theory.
* Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiar with the use of test equipment such as multi meter, clamp-on meter, voltage detector, etc.
* Basic computer skills using Word, Excel and Access.
* Knowledge of National Electric Code is a plus
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Ability to apply industry standards as applicable to job and product.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned