Powell Industries, Inc. Recruiter in North Canton, Ohio
Talent Recruiter is responsible for providing full cycle recruitment expertise for a broad spectrum of positions including; administrative (IT, HR, Finance, etc.), engineering, manufacturing, and management positions. This key HR team member will effectively utilize existing recruitment tools and applications and provide innovative ideas to create and deploy best in class approaches to recruitment and candidate selection.
This position partners with hiring managers to thoroughly understand and consult on scoping of positions, best approach to sourcing top talent and management of the entire candidate selection and related administrative processes. The role is fast paced, dynamic and highly consultative requiring a high proficiency in multi-tasking, proactive thinking and written and verbal communication.
Tools & Systems
• Responsible for full-cycle recruitment of all assigned roles.
• Manage a medium to high volume of requisitions ranging from entry-level to leadership roles.
• Develop and manage strong partnerships with hiring managers and coach on employment law and appropriate hiring practices.
• Source and screen applicants for each requisition.
• Conduct all first round phone interviews.
• Coordinate scheduling and travel arrangements for all candidate interviews.
• Lead interview pre-briefs and debriefs with interview team and assign competency focus areas and interview questions.
• Work with hiring managers to create compelling offer packages, extend offers and effectively negotiate compensation and benefits.
Tools & Systems
• Responsible for effective utilization of internal/external systems for tracking and analysis of requisition and candidate sourcing, application, selection new hire data.
• Post all positions to internal and external careers websites including job boards and niche professional sites.
• Utilize social networking sites (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, etc) to find passive candidates and push company/industry information into the marketplace.
• Develop and update interview rating forms with associated competencies and related interview questions.
• Coordinate and facilitate entire recruiting process including; skills evaluations, reference checks, background checks (automated) and total rewards recommendations and negotiations.
Career Fairs and Events:
• Responsible for creation, implementation and management of college recruitment program and all job fairs and career related events.
• Coordinate logistics and attend all career events.
• Attend local industry and professional networking events.
On-boarding and Off-boarding:
• Initiate and participate in a smooth transition between hiring process and on-boarding process with HR team and hiring manager.
• Engage IT support mechanism to coordinate new hire on-boarding process (e-mail set-up, system access, computer equipment, etc)
• Coordinate contingent worker terminations and off-boarding with agency employer and internal systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 3 years’ full cycle recruitment experience.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in ATS systems.
• Proven ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated successful recruitment experience in a corporate human resources environment.
• Preference for additional experience in a manufacturing or agency recruitment environment.
• Demonstrated “out of the box” thinking related to difficult search requirements.
• Experience working with external staffing vendor/partners.
• Adept at MS Office applications including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Temperature controlled working environment. Some outside activities may be required.
• This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% and must be able to travel with potential short notice.
• Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
• Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner
• Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time.
• Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
• Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.