Powell Industries, Inc. R&D Engineer in North Canton, Ohio
Assists in developing and validating new product designs from concept to full production, as well as continuation engineering on existing product lines.
* Assist in new design proposal.
* Assist in the assembly of initial prototype products.
* Assists with validating according to standards, prepares required documentation.
* Assists in developing test programs for inside and outside labs. Witnesses and assists with outside testing.
* Assists with planning, implementing, completing, and documenting project.
* Assists with lab testing, analysis of data, creates corrective action plan.
* Active participation and facilitation in Product Development Process.
* Interfaces with outside vendors, consultants, and customers.
* Basic understanding of regulatory document requirements.
* Actively collaborates with other departments as required by project tasks.
* BS Degree in Engineering is required.
* Minimum 0-4 years of experience in an Engineering role.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using Oracle, MS Office and MS Project.
* Basic knowledge of electromechanical product design and development.
* Proficient using drafting/CAD skills and analysis tools.
* Working knowledge of ANSI Y 14.5.
* Basic knowledge of materials science.
* Basic knowledge of metal forming, machining and finishing.
* Basic knowledge of casting and molding.
* Involvement on multiple projects utilizing project management and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated simple analytical and problem solving ability.
* Ability to implement designs and solutions.
* Able to follow directed instruction.
* Able to prioritize and manage time effectively. (self-motivated and self-managing).
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.