Powell Industries, Inc. QA Inspection Supervisor in North Canton, Ohio
To supervise the equipment inspection department and coordinate inspection activities for bus duct, Low and Medium voltage Motor Control, Low and Medium voltage Switchgear and PCR.
* Develop, schedule, and implement inspection department training.
* Schedule and record department safety meetings.
* Schedule and assign jobs to inspection crews.
* Supervise inspection department.
* Schedule Customer Inspections.
* Interface with shop, engineering, sales, customers, shipping, and PASD.
* Attend production meetings.
* Attend Sales/Operations meetings for long term planning on work load.
* Attend pre-inspection meetings with sales and customers.
* Evaluate all inspection department leadmen and inspectors.
* Maintain adherence to company policies and safety rules.
* Record shop discrepancies and shortages.
* Record engineering discrepancies.
* Assist in creating the inspection department budget.
* Interview and test inspector candidates.
* Ensure that all test equipment is either maintained or calibrated as necessary and records kept as required.
* Review and store all inspection documentation.
#LI - KH1
* AS Degree in Electrical Technology or four years experience as electrical technician.
* Minimum 2-5 years experience in an Electrical role.
* Minimum 0-2 years experience in a leadership role.
* Ability to write Operating Procedures and Work Instructions as required by ISO 9001.
* Ability to answer technical questions from shop, inspectors, and customers.
* Ability to interact on a regular basis with shop, inspection, engineering, sales, and shipping personnel.
* Able to apply product knowledge and technical skills to aid in problem solving with inspectors independently with minimum supervision.
* Basic computer skills using Oracle, Word, Excel and Access.
* Ability to order material electronically.
* Knowledge of IEEE standards for Circuit Breakers, Switchgear, Switches, and Transformers applicable to Powell equipment...
* Knowledge of NEMA standards applicable to Powell equipment.
* Knowledge of National Electric Code applicable to Powell equipment.
* Proficient with electrical design and circuitry.
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Basic understanding of power system and relay applications as applied to products.
* Ability to apply industry standards as applicable to job and product.
* Innovative to improve existing products.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Knowledge of Standard First Aid and CPR.
* Technical writing skills.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.