Powell Industries, Inc. Mechanical Engineer in North Canton, Ohio
The role of mechanical engineer is to support the business in modifying, enhancing and creating established standard designs and parts for Powell projects. Mechanical Engineers are accountable for customizing standard drawings to meet project requirements during all phases of the project.
• Customize standard designs to meet project requirements
• Become familiar with reading and interpreting project specifications
• Create drawings using Powell 3D CAD system
• Create BOM using Powell business systems
• Interface with manufacturing, production engineers and project engineers as required.
• Answer technical questions from designers
• Ability to work independently with guidance from supervisor
• Ability to learn how to apply product knowledge and technical skills to assist in solving application problems
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree or higher in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
• Preferably 2-5 years of relevant engineering experience
• Preferred experience or course work in the areas of equipment design and manufacture, machine shop principles, and machine repair practices
• Hands on experience with 3D CAD design systems to aid in the design process
• Strong analytical skills and theoretical background in mechanical systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Become familiar with Powell product lines