Powell Industries, Inc. Mechanical Assembler in North Canton, Ohio
- Build and assemble mechanical components for Switchgear units.
- Assemble Switchgear units as per blue prints and instructions.
- Repair identified discrepancies with Switchgear units.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure that work areas remain clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Willingly accepts constructive feedback.
- Effectively demonstrates on-time delivery and the ability to stay focused on goals and responsibilities.
- Self-starter with ability to take on multiple tasks with a drive to succeed.
- Challenges the status quo; looks for better or more efficient ways to get results.
- Ability to adapt to new ideas, technology, processes or product changes.
- Believes and displays through actions that our customers represent our current success and remain vital to our future growth.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical decision making.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in Switchgear units is considered an asset.
- Ability to read a tape measure (including conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fraction and metric to imperial).
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, repair and maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of MES (Manufacturing and Execution System).
- Safety training certificates are an asset for the position.