Powell Industries, Inc. Logistics Coordinator in North Canton, Ohio
As a Logistics Coordinator - Shipping Lead you will be performing the following tasks to support outbound domestic and international shipments:
* Direct a group of Shipping Associates to follow shipping schedule and meet departmental and company goals:
* Ensure Safety training and practices are continuously performed for all personnel in the department.
* Coordinate work schedules for Shipping Department personnel.
* Make sure that employees have adequate material and tools to complete the assigned tasks.
* Track, approve and record employees labor hours;
* Maintain safe and clean work environment.
* Verify and prepare items for outgoing shipment.
* Coordinate with customers for delivery requests, appointments and requirements.
* Prepare all shipping paperwork/documents.
* Deliver material from manufacturing area to the shipping by physically moving parts, by hand, forklift and crane securing loads when required.
* When needed, packaging, marking and labeling of all material for shipment according to Company procedures and state and federal regulations.
* When needed, load/unload material on trucks by physically moving parts, by hand, forklift and crane securing loads when required.
* Contact selected carriers for scheduling pickups.
* Verify materials loaded against Bill of Lading and Packing List.
* Obtain appropriate signatures from truck drivers.
* Verify truck drivers are compliant with company safety procedures.
* Process necessary Oracle Transactions in the Ship Function.
* File freight claims, damage, or loss.
* Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
* Perform tools inspection (Nail and Staple gun, drills, etc...).
* Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
* Additional tasks per supervisor request.
* 5 years experience in Shipping.
* Good leadership skills
* Good product knowledge
* Detail and results oriented, excellent accuracy and commitment to meeting deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills with ability to solve problems and prevent conflicts Forklift and Crane certifications are required.
* Past Shipping/Receiving experience is desirable.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Saw experience is a plus.
* Able to read a mechanical part or assembly drawing.
* Basic knowledge of MS Office products.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Able to work in a production/manufacturing environment.
* Stable and current work history; demonstrating the ability to stay at a job for more than 12 months is desirable.