Powell Industries, Inc. Electrical Engineer in North Canton, Ohio
The electrical engineer will act as the primary technical interface between Powell project managers and our customers on all Powell projects. The electrical engineer will play a significant role in managing technical project costs, schedules, planning, risk management and communication. Our electrical engineers are the technical experts for Powell projects.
• Responsible for specification review and communication of requirements to the business to enable compliance
• Collaboration with the project manager on all engineering aspects of the project
• Proactively manage overall engineering cost/budget and risk on a project
• Accountable for maintaining engineering activities in a project schedule
• Create project specific submittal logs that align with the project schedule
• Generate and manage request for information/variance
• Act as customer interface for technical inquiries on the project
• Review and mark-up project documents for incorporation by production engineering team
• Manage major buy-outs
• Responsible for managing and reviewing vendor drawings for compliance to project specifications
• Write vendor request for proposal for non-major buy-outs
• Attend customer/vendor meetings and factory acceptance tests as required
• Participate in internal project meetings as requested
• Create test procedures (Production, Field)
• Responsible for technical content of O&M Manuals
• Coordinate with documentation specialist for generation of O&M Manuals
• Familiar coordination studies
• Ability to engineer basic Powell products
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering or other related field from an accredited institution and/or equivalent work experience.
• Preferably 2-5 years of electrical engineering experience, in the construction, manufacturing, oil & gas and/or power distribution industry, or similarly complex projects.
• Detail oriented and results driven
• Ability to effectively execute on projects
• Knowledge of codes and standards: ANSI, IEEE
• Understanding of power systems, relay application, coordination and short circuit studies
• Strong computer skills and ability to quickly adapt to Powell business systems.
• Ability to analyze and answer technical questions from customers, project managers, sales/estimating when needed.