Powell Industries, Inc. Buyer in North Canton, Ohio
The Purchasing Buyer I Position is assigned raw materials, components, and/or parts for which they are responsible for procuring in a cost effective and timely manner. Demand for those materials, components, and/or parts will be generated from requisitions or through SCP. In cases of low volume/low value items the Purchasing Buyer I may solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and then purchase materials and/or services.
* Adhere to Powell Safety Rules and assure Suppliers do the same
* Review open buy requirements, issue purchase orders, and expedite delivery of the material or service as appropriate.
* Issue purchase orders of $50,000 or less without additional approvals
* Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager
* Achieve inventory reduction targets assigned by Manager
* Establish Payment Terms of not less than Net 45 days with all new suppliers.
* Achieve supplier PPM targets as assigned by Manager
* Promptly disposition excess and/or obsolete purchased inventory
* Monitor and maintain the Purchasing Category Value completeness and accuracy of the items assigned
* Proactively advance professional knowledge and education
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* High school diploma
* Minimum 0-2 years in a manufacturing environment
* Minimum 0-2 years in a material and/or purchasing assignment
* Good interpersonal relationship skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good computer skills
* Must be responsible and dependable
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Attend local professional associations.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Travel may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER