Powell Industries, Inc. Associate Buyer in North Canton, Ohio
The Associate Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Responsibilities also include ensuring purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supplier identification: Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiations: Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Contracts: Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management, and executes upon approval.
- Bid analysis: Analyzes and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Sales support: Supports bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Goods received: Tracks goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Supplier performance: Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time),and resolves performance issues.
- Orders: Initiates supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Customer alignment: Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Process alignment: Conducts all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business or related field
- 0-2 years applicable experience
- Experience working at a manufacturing plant
- Positive attitude
- Great communications skills
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
- Temperature controlled working environment. Some outside activities may be required.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% and must be able to travel with short notice and/or for extended periods of time.