Powell Industries, Inc. Regional Sales Manager in Montreal, Quebec
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
Welcome to Powell Services - Canada! A career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems, but in doing so you will be rewarded with growth and development.In exchange for your hard work, Powell makes sure you are taken care of with a comprehensive Salary package, RRSP matching, above average benefits, ongoing training and a professional environment.
We are located in a new facility in Acheson which is located 5 mins from Edmonton on Highway 16 (Yellowhead Trail). In our facility we have for you an onsite cafeteria, outdoor courtyard, brand new offices and manufacturing facilities, as well as access to an active social club.
To promote and sell company products and services to current and potential clients
* Generate new and repeat sales of company products and services
* Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts assigned
* Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships
* Deliver product presentations at customer sites, conferences and exhibitions
* Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge
* Follow-up on new sales leads and referrals to increase sales potential
* Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific target opportunities
* Prepare detailed equipment proposals and perform sales contract reviews
* Participate in marketing events such as seminars and trade shows
* Help to identify and resolve client concerns/complaints
* Prepare and maintain a variety of sales status reports, including activities, closings, follow-up and adherence to department and company goals as required of the department manager
* Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans and strategy as needed
* Manage sales accounts through continuous quality checks and other follow-up
* Ability to estimate, negotiate and respond to commercial and technical clarifications
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business or Technical Sales preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience in an Engineering or Sales & Marketing role
* General working knowledge of electrical products and applications
* Learn and apply practical experience from on-the-job training
* Learn company products and services
* Learn and become proficient at quoting company products and services
* Develop familiarity with electrical and power distribution products, concepts and applications
* Develop familiarity with NEC, ANSI and IEC power distribution equipment application standards
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, and work plans skills
* Attend in house and outside training sessions
* Ability to develop and deliver product presentations
* Ability to work under pressure and put in the required time to meet deadlines
* Work will require significant local or regional travel to current and potential clients.
* Work requires a willingness to work a schedule above and beyond normal working hours to meet critical customer deadlines.
* Work does require occasional overnight travel and possibly international travel.
* Learn and follow company and departmental policies and procedures, work instructions, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations
* Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
Who we are
A subsidiary of Powell Industries out of Houston, Texas, a company with 70 years of experience and 3500 employees worldwide, Powell Services - Canada is a premier provider of electrical distribution and mechanical valve services in Canada. Powell Canada holds a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Nisku, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Hardisty, Lloydminster, and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.