Powell Industries, Inc. Regional Sales Manager in Montreal, Quebec
Do people describe you as driven, motivated, a problem solver? At Powell, you will find a culture that rewards a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our team to take ownership of and drive their region’s growth in services. We are looking for people who share our passion for success through a consultative selling approach and focus on helping customers solve business problems.
As a Regional Sales Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business while managing existing accounts through face-to-face contact within an assigned region. You will be expected to deeply understand your customers’ business, be able to craft unique solutions, and build broad preference for Powell to secure orders.
- Design and execute effective sales plans to ensure Powell meets its financial objectives including engaging with regional networking and industry organizations
- Use insight and consultative selling approaches to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, tied to Powell’s solutions
- Survey customer organizations to identify and develop relationships with all appropriate stakeholders in the buying and planning process
- Coach stakeholders and build preference for Powell’s solutions across customer organizations
- Independently and collaboratively develop effective approaches to solving deal-level challenges, negotiate inclusively, and neutralize competitor approaches
- Regularly maintain Microsoft Dynamics CRM with up-to-date information and effectively use market intelligence for planning and forecasting purposes
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including competitive base salary and uncapped incentive program, travel reimbursement, automobile and phone allowances, 401(k) and healthcare benefits
- Opportunity to manage accounts and region as your own business and be compensated for your success in driving profitable order growth and customer loyalty
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required
- 5-8 years of work experience
- Fluent in French and English required
Desired Skills & Competencies
Strategic Thinking – systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to solve complex opportunity-level challenges
Lifelong Learning – committed to consistently exploring and testing ideas, acquiring new knowledge, and integrating new skills and knowledge into work activities; actively seeks feedback from a variety of sources on how to improve and develop
Communication – tailors communication to the customer’s needs with confidence; effectively delivers presentations and demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills across a range of audiences and management levels
Interpersonal Influence – uses rational and emotional approaches that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in his or her favor
Networking – identifies the right stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus in opportunities; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal team members for deal success
Ownership – goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision
Workflow Management – sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align with business growth; breaks objectives into appropriate tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic time frame; manages multiple assignments simultaneously and responds with poise to changing priorities and ambiguity
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.