Powell Industries, Inc. Senior Material Handler in Houston, Texas
As a Senior Material Handler, you will be responsible for supporting the designated division or department through the handling, organization and record keeping of needed materials. This includes inventory control, maintaining accurate equipment and supply records, and facilitating the stocking and restocking of material needs throughout a designated shop area. The following outlines the primary duties and responsibilities for this position.
Include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for the receipt, stocking and record keeping of new and existing materials.
• Communicate with staff and management team to identify material needs.
• Fill workstations with appropriate hardware and material, as identified.
• Maintain records of materials using a scanner or designated computer program.
• Utilize a forklift to transport, load and unload materials.
• Must adhere to all safety policies and practices to avoid safety incidents.
• Must adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure consistent production.
• Ensure quality by following standard work/process instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality
- High School Diploma or GED
- Capable of working in a fast paced manufacturing atmosphere.
- Ability to walk, stand and be physically active for extended periods of time.
- Ability to learn computer systems, databases and a variety of software programs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to read a tape measure and ruler (this includes conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fractions).
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings (blueprints).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, and capable of communicating with co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Capable of maintaining an organized work area.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Willing to work flexible shifts, including days, nights, and weekends as needed.
• Forklift experience preferred.
• Oracle experience within the Organization
• Previous experience in an Industrial or Warehouse setting
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.