Powell Industries, Inc. Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Houston, Texas
Establishing processes and procedures used for the manufacturing of products. This position is required to identify and implement processes that improve the safety, quality, and operating efficiency in a manner that supports the objectives of the Business Unit.
* Identify and implement process improvement initiatives focused on cost reduction, quality improvement, and business growth.
* Ensure all manufacturing processes comply with the Powell Quality System.
* Identify and implement product design improvements, working closely with Product engineers.
* Provide technical support for manufacturing operations and product design.
* Write work instructions and equipment preventive maintenance manuals.
* Provide technical support and training to the Maintenance team.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* BS Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, or related area.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineer role.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using Oracle, MS Office and MS Project.
* Demonstrated success with specifying, implementing, and manufacturing equipment.
* Ability to order material electronically.
* Advanced knowledge using drafting/CAD skills with the ability to create and modify Factory Layouts.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality System.
* Experience with either the Toyota Production System or Lean Manufacturing.
* Project Management experience, leading multi-disciplined teams.
* Proven track record of completing process improvements from conception through final implementation and ramp-up.
* Familiar with statistical test procedures and corrective action techniques.
* Excellent mechanical and electrical systems aptitude. Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, and servo positioning systems, as well as, and machine controls.
* Project involvement and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated simple analytical and problem solving ability.
* Ability to implementing designs and solutions.
* Able to follow directed instruction.
* Able to lead change and respond to tactical changes.
* Able to prioritize and manage time effectively. (self-motivated and self-managing).
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.