Powell Industries, Inc. Senior Contract Specialist and Paralegal in Houston, Texas
The Senior Contract Specialist/Paralegal develops, coordinates, negotiates, reviews and administers both customer and vendor contracts of the Company, including maintenance and upkeep of the contracts database and related systems.
- Assist in-house counsel in the development, negotiation and execution of nondisclosure agreements, purchase order terms and conditions (Sales, Service & Procurement), sales representative, agent and independent contractor agreements and other miscellaneous and project specific agreements
- Review contracts for deviations from Company-standard terms and conditions, providing edits and substitutionary language as part of negotiations with customers and vendors
- Review contracts from a legal and business perspective to protect Company interests, while working closely with Legal, Sales and Procurement to insure prompt and accurate responses
- Assist in the process of responding to certain bid requests, RFP's and other contracts from initial receipt of contract to final posting in database/system of executed contracts
- Participate in the development and implementation of procedures for contract management and administration as well as tools to enhance the process, work flow, throughput, document retention, and sharing of best practices. Update the Company contract database by organizing and maintaining permanent records, reviewing and refining duplicated, outdated or incorrect records
- Review existing agreements to capture key data and contract clauses, identifying inconsistencies and providing insight to discoveries
- Establish priorities and work concurrently on a variety of projects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 5-10 years of progressively challenging legal and contracting experience
- Strong legal and contract review background
- Governmental contracting and/or EPC experience a plus but not required
- Excellent reading and language comprehension skills with capability of analyzing and assessing contract or other legal language
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Ability to identify existing contract conflicts through problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining quality levels and high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Temperature controlled working environment.
- This position is expected to have minimal travel but must be able to travel with short notice.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to perform extensive reading, writing, typing and oral communications, often required to sit, use computers, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients and co-workers.
#LI - AB1