Powell Industries, Inc. Senior Buyer in Houston, Texas
The Purchasing Buyer III Position is assigned raw materials, components, and/or parts for which they are responsible for procuring in a cost effective and timely manner. Demand for those materials, components, and/or parts will be generated from requisitions or through SCP. The Purchasing Buyer III will be an expert on the industry for those commodities assigned. The Purchasing Buyer III will in many cases solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and then purchase materials and/or services.
* Adhere to Powell Safety Rules and assure Suppliers do the same
* Review open buy requirements, issue purchase orders, and expedite delivery of the material or service as appropriate.
* Provide industry expertise, including the identification of industry drivers, on the materials and components assigned. On a regular basis provide status reports on industry changes and the expected impact on the business of those changes.
* Drive value-engineering efforts based on knowledge of (assigned) commodities and their industry drivers in relation in potential material alternatives.
* Issue purchase orders of $100,000 or less without additional approvals
* Achieve cost improvement targets assigned by Manager
* Achieve inventory reduction targets assigned by Manager
* Establish Payment Terms of not less than Net 45 days with all new suppliers.
* Achieve supplier PPM targets as assigned by Manager
* Promptly disposition excess and/or obsolete purchased inventory
* Monitor and maintain the Purchasing Category Value completeness and accuracy of the items assigned
* Work on strategic purchasing initiative projects with Purchasing Manager and/or Strategic Sourcing Manager
* Proactively advance professional knowledge and education
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* BS Degree
* Holds or is working toward a Professional Certification in Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management
* Minimum 4 - 5 years in an ETO (engineered to order) manufacturing environment.
* Minimum 5 years in a material and/or purchasing assignment with a concentration in an ETO (engineered to order) materials environment.
* Good interpersonal relationship skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and Root Cause determination skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Must be responsible and dependable.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Attend local professional associations.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Travel may be required