Powell Industries, Inc. Production Worker in Houston, Texas
Employee assists Painters, Machine Operators, Welders, Material Handlers, and Leadpersons in performance of their work. Employee works under close supervision.
* Load unpainted metal parts onto the Paint Line.
* Load copper bars and pipe onto the Bus Insulation Line Conveyor.
* Unload painted metal parts from the Paint Line and properly attach the required part identification label.
* Assist with daily and weekly preventative maintenance of the Paint Line & Bus Insulation Line equipment and facilities.
* Move parts from one manufacturing operation to the next operation according to the part routing.
* Remove finished parts from sheet metal skeletons.
* Sort and stack parts by part number & job number combination.
* Assemble kits of parts to be welded.
* Assist machine operators with various tasks upon request.
* On occasion, be required to perform labor task such as painting, grinding, sanding or general cleaning task as directed by your supervisor or leadperson. Lifting of up to 50 lbs consistently.
* Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules and ISO requirements.
* Ability to learn to read mechanical part or assembly drawings.
* Ability to read and use a linear tape measure.
* Ability to work independently or part of a small team and perform required tasks with little direct supervision.
* Ability to maintain a clean work area by picking up trash and sweeping the floor. End of shift clean up is required.
* Ability to use computer software to control equipment or look-up company information.
* Ability to use basic math, reading and writing skills to perform job function.