Powell Industries, Inc. Planning Supervisor in Houston, Texas
The Planning Supervisor position supervises and coordinates activities of Production Planners engaged in scheduling production operations and of Expeditors engaged in expediting flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments and divisions: Evaluates data, such as job orders, product specifications and operations sheets, parts and materials inventory lists, and machine and worker production rates, to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, and sequences of operations and workflow. Interfaces with Engineering, Master Scheduling, Purchasing and Manufacturing groups.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or GED. BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing / assembly environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a material ordering, supplier relations, and schedule management.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a Leadership role.
- Ability to plan effectively for two or more product lines.
- Ability to train assigned personnel on their main functions of their job.
- Ability to read and understand MRP reports, stock status reports and customer order shortage report.
- Knowledge in running queries on the Oracle database and proficient with excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and communicate the financial impact of effective inventory management system.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization skills
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership skills.
- Attend in house and outside training sessions.
- Attend local professional associations.
- Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.