Powell Industries, Inc. Mechanical Designer in Houston, Texas
To modify, enhance, and create established standard designs and parts for our products.
* Design custom/semi-custom products to meet customer mechanical specifications.
* Support manufacturing on bill of material questions and issues.
* High School Graduate or GED.
* Minimum 0-3 years of experience in an Engineering/Designing role.
* Basic computer skills using Oracle, Word, Excel.
* Ability to order materials electronically.
* Gain familiarity with strengths of materials, steel and copper.
* Basic drafting/CAD skills.
* Gain familiarity with industry codes and standards.
* Gain familiarity with electrical design.
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Able to apply (told by others what it means and which code) ANSI and Others it applies to the day to day activity.
* Create documentation to support assembly.
* Assist Mechanical Engineering efforts in product development process.
* Create basic design drawings with assistance.
* Strive to keep current on the 'state of the art' in design specialty through periodicals, trade magazines, and continuing education.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.