Powell Industries, Inc. Leadperson Assembly in Houston, Texas
As a Lead person, you will be responsible supporting the production objectives for the facility. The following outlines the primary duties and responsibilities for this position.
* Give direction to all hourly employees in the department.
* Organize job duties and oversee training for new hires, as well as, meeting the matrix requirements for cross training.
* Mentor/Facilitate Safety Squad/Safety Program Activities.
* Organize/Prioritize daily workflow to meet customer delivery dates.
* Create work orders and write HFDs.
* Proficient in Multi-Tasking multiple areas within the Department
* Proficiency in adapting to change based on Customer Requirements/Needs.
* Troubleshoot machine problems and make recommendations when necessary.
* Work with engineers, supervisors, and suppliers to resolve quality issues and meet customer demand.
* Coordinate inventory cycle counts
* Forecasting for Raw and External Vendor Related Materials (as needed)
You must be an organized, self-starter, with above average problem solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest potential performance.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
* Previous leadership experience (i.e. lead person, crew leader, etc.)
* Multi-tasking, Organizational Skills and Communication are essential for this role.
* Experience with PCs and Windows software. Database experience preferred.
* Able to read technical documents such as technical manuals and mechanical engineered drawings.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.