Powell Industries, Inc. Lead Welder in Houston, Texas
As a Lead person, you will be responsible for supporting the production objectives for Base Department for the Mosley Drive facility. The following outlines the primary duties and responsibilities for this position.
• Give direction to all hourly employees in the department.
• Organize job duties and oversee training for new hires, as well as, meeting the matrix requirements for cross training.
• Mentor/Facilitate Safety Squad/Safety Program Activities.
• Organize/Prioritize daily workflow to meet customer delivery dates.
• Create In-process Inspection sheet and Weld Maps
• Perform discrepancy checks in Powell quality system
• Proficient in Multi-Tasking multiple areas within the Department
• Proficiency in adapting to change based on Customer Requirements/Needs.
• Capable of trouble shooting mechanical issues and failures
• Work with engineers, supervisors, and suppliers to resolve quality issues and meet customer demand.
• Coordinate inventory cycle counts
You must be an organized, self-starter, with above average problem solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest potential performance.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Previous leadership experience (i.e. lead person, crew leader, etc.)
• Multi-tasking, Organizational Skills and Communication are essential for this role.
• Experience with PCs and Windows software. Database experience preferred.
• Able to read technical documents such as technical manuals and mechanical engineered drawings.
• Have at least 3 years of welding experience
• Need to have some Wet Paint and Abrasive Blasting knowledge
• Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.