Powell Industries, Inc. Lead Maintenance in Houston, Texas
As a Maintenance Lead Person, the ideal candidate must ensure that workers, equipment, and materials are used properly to maximize productivity. Lead Person must create work schedules, keep production and employee records, monitor employees, and ensure that work is done correctly and on time. In addition, this person must organize workers' activities, make necessary adjustments to ensure that work continues uninterrupted, train new workers, and ensure the existence of a safe working environment.
There are also interpersonal tasks related to this position. Lead person informs workers about company plans, policies; recommends good performers for wage increases, awards, or promotions and deals with poor performance by outlining expectations, counseling workers in proper methods, issuing warnings, or recommending disciplinary action. He/she will also meet with supervisor regularly to report problems, discuss possible solutions, and departmental goals. In conjunction you will be responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment, both automated and manual. This equipment includes machines such as:
* CNC Laser Cutting and CNC Turret Punch Press Equipment
* Robotic Welding Equipment
* Automated Material Handling Equipment
* Automated Powder Coat Painting Equipment
In addition to production equipment, you will be responsible for maintaining Facilities equipment and systems such as HVAC equipment, electrical systems, and various mechanical devices used throughout the facility. Daily responsibilities will include emergency and preventive maintenance on any machine or system in the facility and assisting production and manufacturing engineers with process and machinery improvements.
You must be an organized, self-starter, with above average problem solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest potential performance.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
* Associates Degree in electrical or mechanical technology, plus 2-7 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance group, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Experience with CNC control systems and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
* Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings.
* Proficient with the use of hand tools, power tools, and electrical measuring instruments.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality System, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), and Inventory Management.
* Previous leadership experience (i.e. lead person, crew leader, etc.)
* Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
* Experience with PCs and Windows software. Database experience preferred.
* Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.