Powell Industries, Inc. Intern - Human Resources in Houston, Texas
Founded in 1947, Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: POWL) engineers packaged solutions and systems for the control, distribution, and management of electrical energy and other dynamic processes. Powell’s markets include large industrial customers such as utilities, oil and gas producers, refineries, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper producers, mining operations, commuter railways, and other vehicular transportation facilities. Its competitive position is dependent upon the ability to provide quality custom engineered-to-order products, services, and systems on a timely basis.
Powell is a company that has thrived through six decades, providing the same value proposition to large-scale industrial, energy, municipal, and transportation clients. Powell Industries Inc. serves clients with an extensive range of products, systems and services. Customized engineered solutions include Medium Voltage and Low Voltage Switchgear, Offshore Modules (including turbine and engine generation and control rooms) Power Control Rooms, Rectifiers and Grounding Systems, and integrated switches and metering packages. Powell Industries is synonymous with reliability, project management, operational discipline, and responsiveness.
Powell is dedicated to the future growth and talent of our company. We offer internship opportunities to college students through a 10-12 week internship program. Our interns receive hands on experience, training and the opportunity to work on a project in their specific area of study.
Benefits of our program:
- Team environment
- Meaningful work projects
- Exposure and interaction with business leaders
- Fun social events
- Scholarship opportunities
Human Resources Intern
Working as an intern in the Human Resources department, you will have the opportunity to support Powell’s internal and external communications strategies to actively engage employees and candidates seeking employment with Powell Industries.
- Assist in developing and distributing content and campaigns to support Powell’s employment brand
- Craft and publish communications and blogs for internal employees to advocate a recruiting first culture within the organization
- Create fan base of employees, develop talent communities through social media channels
- Develop content calendars and post/update with timely and relevant information
- Measure and track key performance indicators
- Maintain brand guidelines and copy standards
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Currently pursuing a 4-year degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis in Human Resources, social media management, Marketing, Communications or similar, preferred
- Program for upcoming Junior or Senior undergraduate student
- Tech, internet and social media savvy; Familiarity working with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Snapchat, and other current social media platforms
- Passionately in tune with latest social media developments, online behaviors, and trends
Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook with the ability to learn new computer systems
Adobe Photoshop Experience Highly Desired
- Knowledgeable with the creative and creation of digital, video, print and photographic assets for use in building employment brand awareness
- Exude maturity and professionalism in line with that of a full-time associate and shows dedication and commitment to the program and work performed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management and organization skills
A successful intern at Powell will have the following characteristics:
Currently pursuing a 4 year degree from an accredited institution, team-player, self-starter, effective communicator, dependable, multi-tasking abilities and strong inter-personal skills.
Powell is unable to provide sponsorship for H1-B, F1 or OPT at this time.