Powell Industries, Inc. Field Systems Engineer in Houston, Texas
As our Field Systems Engineer, you will be part of a team of engineers responsible for integration of intelligent electronic devices (IED's) into a supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA) through the use of various graphical interface packages, PLC's, electrical protection relays and power metering devices. The primary location for this type of work will be at the customer facility while secondary locations could be at manufacturing sites for the project.
There is an expectation of travel for this position, estimated to be about 75 percent of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Required/Preferred with power focus
- Minimum of 5-7 year's experience
- Develop tag database in graphical interface software packages such as Wonderware, Cimplicity and WinCC etc.
- Develop graphical representation of electrical switchgear one-line drawings and relay faceplates.
- Setup communication parameters and establish communications with electrical protection relays, PLC's, intelligent motor starter trip units, electrical metering devices etc. Communications could be either serial or Ethernet utilizing protocols such as Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 serial or Ethernet, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP (AB NetLinx) or IEC61850.
- Provide technical support for equipment production design engineering.
- Provide testing of SCADA equipment during factory acceptance test (FAT).
- Provide support for testing of SCADA equipment during site acceptance test (SAT).
- Provide training as required for plant personnel in operation of the SCADA equipment.
- Perform relay protection setting testing and generate test reports.
- Review and analyze customer provided coordination and short circuit studies
- Generate protection logic and protection settings based upon provided coordination and short circuit studies
- Assist with developing specific control functions in protection devices as required such as transfer schemes, capacitor bank controls, load shed etc.