Powell Industries, Inc. Facilities Maintenance Technician in Houston, Texas
* Ability to work safely by following policies and procedures in an industrial environment.
* Experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing facility equipment in an industrial setting
* Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance in a team atmosphere
* Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic, and piping diagrams
* Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams and schematics
* Able to work alone and in a team environment.
* Effective communications skills are required
* Personal Computer (PC) skills
* Responsible for maintaining Facilities equipment and systems such as HVAC equipment, electrical systems and various mechanical devices used throughout the facility.
* Daily responsibilities will include emergency and preventative maintenance on any facility system and assisting manufacturing technicians with process and machinery repairs and improvements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You must be an organized, self-starter with above average problem solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and unsupervised. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest potential performance.
* 2-4 years experience in a facilities maintenance group
* Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
* Ability to use shop equipment: such as sanders, drill press, forklift, and scissor lift
* Ability to read electrical schematics, and mechanical drawings.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.
* Experience with PCs and Windows software.
* Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds