Powell Industries, Inc. Fab Machine Operator in Houston, Texas
As a CNC Machine Operator, you will work either individually, or, as part of a small team, to produce Sheet Metal parts. You will be required to produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawing. Employees within this classification will work primarily with CNC Press Brake, or CNC Turret Punch Press/Laser Cutting equipment.
Other responsibilities of this position include performing preventative maintenance on your assigned equipment. Also, you must maintain the cleanliness of your work area and meet all requirements of the Powell Quality System for this position. Finally, all employees are required to participate in Powell's ongoing Safety Training.
You must be an organized, self-starter, with the ability to work unsupervised while meeting all product quality requirements. Technical skill and qualifications for this position are as follows:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent Desired
* Able to read a Tape Measure and Ruler (ability to convert fractions to decimals and conversely decimals to fractions).
* Able to read Mechanical Engineered Drawings (blueprints)/knowledge of engineered specified tolerances
* Able to effectively change machinery for multiple set-ups given various product lines and material requirements
* Able to use precision hand tools such as square, protractor and caliper.
* At least 2 years of experience operating and programming the above mentioned equipment.
* Able to lift at least 40lbs frequently.
* Able to utilize a PC to process shop floor orders using the Powell Oracle MES software, and Microsoft Office Applications
* Successfully pass all pre-employment requirements (i.e. drug screen, job physical, employment verification and criminal background)