Powell Industries, Inc. Electronics Development Engineer in Houston, Texas
Responsible for the development, validation and technical support of industrial electronic products from concept to formal release into customer facing applications. This will include liaison with manufacturers, clients and internal production and engineering teams where necessary.
• From defined specifications, formulate and execute a plan for the design, development and validation of industrial electronic products for use within switchgear environments. This will include new products and enhancements to existing products.
• Undertake and/or oversee validation and certification activities associated with the development of industrial electronic hardware.
• Generate and maintain detailed technical documents as required during the course of product development.
• With the R&D Manager agree a plan for the work allocated and be responsible for the execution, accuracy and content of the defined work.
• With the R&D Manager, develop and execute plans to manufacture the developed products in volume.
• Provide support for existing electronic products, as required by both the company and its customers. Duties will include training, technical consulting and application of technical knowledge.
• Collaboration within the department and cross functional teams to deliver the electronic products as required.
• Ensure that company procedures and standards are adhered to.
• To maintain and enhance one’s knowledge of the latest technology to sustain and improve the company’s products.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties, as assigned, which are within the capabilities of the job holder.
• BS Degree in Electronic Engineering or related area.
• Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
• Minimum 2 years experience in industrial electronic product development role
• Demonstrable project management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrable strong verbal and written communication skills with specific technical document writing and presentation experience.
• Demonstrable complex analytical and problem solving ability.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. (Self-motivated and self-managing).
• Participation in a professional society desired.
• Extensive knowledge with demonstrable experience of the following is required:
Microcontrollers applied in embedded industrial products.
Analogue electronics signal processing.
Power supply design & power electronics.
Requirements and design approaches required by the relevant regulatory standards.
Electronic mechanical construction and design techniques.
Design for manufacture and test.
Electrical switchgear and controlgear for industrial power control, distribution and protection.
• Familiarity & knowledge of the following is desired:
Altium ECAD tools.
RTOS principals and operation.
Embedded software development in "C".
PC based software development.
Awareness of regulatory standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC).
#LI - AB1