Powell Industries, Inc. Electrical Designer in Houston, Texas
To create specific point to point wiring diagrams and back pan layouts for electrical switchgear, motor control, and power control rooms.
* Design custom/semi-custom products to meet customer electrical specifications.
* Produce print-to-point wiring diagrams from control schemes.
* Check wiring diagrams.
* High School Graduate or GED.
* Minimum 0-3 years of experience in an Engineering/Designing role.
* Basic computer skills using Oracle, Word, Excel.
* Ability to order material electronically.
* Basic drafting/CAD skills.
* Gain familiarity with electrical design and circuitry.
* Gain familiarity with industry codes and standards.
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Able to apply (told by others what it means and which code) NEC, ANSI, and Other as it applies to the day to day activity.
* Create basic design drawings with assistance.
* Update drawings per engineering and/or customer markups with direction from engineering personnel, and transmit drawings to shop and customer.
* Complete "As Built" drawings in order to learn about drawing packages.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.