Powell Industries, Inc. Documentation Specialist in Houston, Texas
The Document Management Specialist is responsible for executing the duties and activities assigned by the Powell Document Management Department (PDMD) Manager. Reviews project documentation requirements, and assists/conducts documentation kick-off meetings. Maintains project documentation requirements, and documentation meta-data logs to provide status of documentation. Creates/locates/modifies non-standard document deliverables. Inputs customer driven meta-data into documentation. Prepares and submits outgoing documentation submittals and assists in processing incoming documentation. Develops and submits documentation reports. Works closely with PM, Engineering, Vendors and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information. Most contact is internal to the company, but some external communication is required.
- Verify technical documentation to ensure correct numbering, formatting, revisioning, checking, approving and any other client expectations
- Distribute technical documentation.
- Maintain document control files.
- Assist in cataloging and controlling technical documentation
- Retrieve documentation for users.
- Scan / print technical document packages
- Help troubleshoot / resolve / train end user questions / needs
- Perform other clerical duties as needed / requested.
- Review pertinent contract portions for information relating to functional execution processes
- Contributes to setting up the project specific databases and processes
- Contributes to writing the project specific document management plans
- Understands the project specific document management plan and executes as well as promotes its contents
- Adheres to company and project quality requirements
- Promote departmental improvement / development
- Promote own professional development
- Participate in project meetings with internal and external customers
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain proactive and professional relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrates solid clerical, organizational, and typing skills.
- Demonstrates solid time management skills and the ability to keep stakeholders up to date
- Demonstrates intermediate database skills
- Demonstrates intermediate Excel skills (formulas, formatting, tables, etc)
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision after instruction has been provided
Previous Experience: Minimum of (1) to (2) years of Document Control Assistant or equivalent experience.
Education: Prefer one (1) year college or an associates degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent