Powell Industries, Inc. Accounts Receivable Specialist in Houston, Texas
The purpose of this position is to be able to perform invoicing, cash applications, and collections for all divisions. This position includes interacting with others in all divisions and outside the company to insure that all requirements are being met to do the job accurately.
- Research project and job files and all invoices pertaining to a contract or purchase order to resolve basic invoicing or collection issues;
- Perform AR Invoicing process for basic parts shipments and services;
- Maintain all records of AR collection calls and discussions and participate in related meetings;
- Review cash receipts for services and products provided to our clients and be able to determine where the cash is to be applied accurately;
- Produces and distributes detailed accounts receivable aging reports with all pertinent information to supervisor and others outside the department in all divisions
- Review records in detail for sales tax requirements to determine whether or not customers are taxable.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- 2-3 years basic knowledge of billing and receivables process, at least 1 year of project billing experience
- Knowledge of procedures, credits, and collections.
- Ability to review purchase orders, and terms.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Detail-oriented and committed to meeting important deadlines.
- Accuracy is essential.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasks.
- Work independently and responsibly.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to respond to tactical changes.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attend in house and outside training sessions.
- Perform standard tasks under supervision. Refers all complex issues to higher levels.
#LI - AB1