Powell Industries, Inc. Valve Technician III in Edmonton, Alberta
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of our Valve Edmonton location, the Valve Technician III will report to the Valve Manager. The Valve Technician III will be responsible for the reconditioning and servicing of all incoming valves and instrumentation, as required. They are to be actively involved and will continually promote the ongoing improvement of the Quality Management System (ISO).
- Recondition all incoming valves and instrumentation, as required.
- Assist the Shop Supervisor and Quality Assurance Manager by designating responsibility and authority.
- Assist with the Shipping and Receiving of all Material.
- Keep the Shop clean at all times.
- General maintenance of Shop tools and equipment.
- Training on the SPM and QSM.
- "Qualified" Valve Technicians shall verify QR8 activities.
- Job file document control.
- Inspect and calibrate in-process valves.
- Lapping of seats.
- Ability to successfully re-assemble pressure relief valves.
- Change pressure setting and complete the pre-pop of safety valves.
- Control of non-conformance.
- Ability to purchase special parts equipment or vendor services
- Knowledge of ANSI/API valves.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), organizational, supervision and planning skills.
- Prioritizes activities, efficiently establishes appropriate courses of action, and monitors progress.
- Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information and exercises good judgment in order to make well-informed decisions.
- Effectively communicates to build networks, align teams and drive results.
- Maintains composure under stress and utilizes prioritization skills to respond effectively to competing demands.
- Fosters a working environment where employees feel passionate about their jobs and are committed to the organization.
- Mobilized self and other around critical objectives and values.
- Must achieve 960 hours of on-the-job valve training and experience as a minimum.
- Management/Business courses or certifications are an asset
- Oracle experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous mechanical training/experience.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
#LI – AB1