Powell Industries, Inc. Valve Lead PSV in Edmonton, Alberta
Based out of the Service Valve Division Edmonton location, the Valve Lead (PSV) will report to the Valve Manager of the PSV department. The Valve Lead (PSV) is responsible for tearing down and reconditioning valves for regular maintenance and shut down clients.
· Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair/recondition all on-site valves.
· Perform basic instrumentation tasks.
· Reassemble and paint, when necessary, all outgoing valves.
· Complete actuation teardown and assembly.
· Complete all documentation required during the repair/recondition process.
· Assist in shipping and receiving of all material.
· Maintain tools and equipment.
· Assist the Supervisor, as required.
· Assist in inventory control, when required.
· Some computer work required such as data entry and sourcing information.
· Promotes a safety culture as well as attends all safety meetings.
· Ensures quality by following standard work instructions, where applicable, and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
· Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
· Assist Leads with training and mentoring other employees.
· Other duties as required.
· Intuitive with an ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems, figure out how things work and adept at fixing things.
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude by collaborating with others to solve problems and drive results.
· Self–starter with the ability to take on multiple tasks with a drive to succeed.
· Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
· Ability to learn and adhere to all policies and practices and to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
· Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
· Understands company values and links to behaviors.
· Balances interests of a variety of customers; readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands.
· Approaches work consistently and utilizes methods to complete and monitor tasks to meet deadlines.
· Ability to adapt to new ideas, technology, processes or product changes.
· Effectively diagnoses problems and influences proper action to resolve them.
· Ability to set the example on expectation, accountability and attitude through personal actions and results.
· Conducts work safely and leads by example.
· High school Diploma preferred.
· Minimum 1-3 years working on valves in a shop environment as an ANSI Technician or equivalent mechanical experience.
· Journeyman ticket in a servicing trade.
· Knowledge of Gate, Globe, Control, Check, Ball and other valves is an asset.
· Basic level computer skills in MS Office products.
· Valid H2S, CSTS, Fall Arrest, and WHIMIS is preferred.
· Ability to travel with, little to no notice, within Alberta and Saskatchewan on occasion.
· Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
· Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position successful candidates will undergo pre-employment substance abuse test upon hire.
· Safety sensitive position in a temperature shop or industrial environment with occasional outside activities.
· Must wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, safety harnesses as required) and respirators when required.
· Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
· Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
· Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time.
· Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
· Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
· Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, send an email to email@example.com or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans