Powell Industries, Inc. Valve Field Technician in Edmonton, Alberta
Based out of Edmonton Head Office and reporting to the Valve Field Service Manager, this position will be responsible for the active maintenance on Powell products located on various sites. Specific responsibilities will be providing valve maintenance services, direct work on pipelines and facilities during operation, outages, and start-ups.
- Accountable for start-ups and commissioning of various projects and sites, as well as provide training on maintenance for the client.
- Provide maintenance, regular testing, and repairs on instruments as required
- Learn and understand Powell Canada’s Safety and Quality programs in order to train and guide employees
- Ensure that current department documentation is in being utilized (QR’s) for quality control
- Direct the execution of safe and high quality maintenance services for Powell Canada clients
- Answer and assist site clients by providing them with accurate and safe information while being an accountable representative of Powell Canada
- Previous experience in an Industrial setting and with Valve operations
- 3-5 years Field Service experience in Valve operations is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education or certification in Instrumentation. Other safety certification may be required
- Valid Driver’s License with a clear Abstract
- Excellent communication skills, precise attention to detail, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge on ANSI/API valves, policies, procedures and industry standards.
·Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
·Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
·Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time.
·Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
·Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
·Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.