Powell Industries, Inc. Administrative Assistant in Edmonton, Alberta
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the development and processes of all documentation within the department as well as providing support and clerical services in order to ensure all effective, efficient and organized department operations.
Provide administrative support to managers, supervisors, and staff within the department.
Responsible for organized filing documentation, managing department invoices, and collecting documentation, and proficient data entry.
Responsible for all invoicing, field services, and shop services
Managing invoicing and credits, receiving and checking invoiced for discrepancies, and following up on all discrepancies with clients.
Responsible for requisitions, receiving documents and preparing documents and reports
Provide bookkeeping and filing for the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
Prepare documents and reports
Provide receptionist service if necessary, greet customers or clients, answer any questions for customers or clients, answer and direct phone lines, and respond to inquires
Answer phones and emails of clients and customers while providing helpful, professional, and exceptional customer service reflective of the organization.
2-3 years of Administrative experience preferably in a related industrial industry
Accommodating, personable and comfortable with a variety of different clients and customers
Highly organized and able to handle a high workload while having strong attention to detail
Able to solve minor problems and address concerns while having little to no supervision.
Able to effectively communicate with both managers and colleagues on a regular basis
Effective and efficient written communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office with direct experience in Excel as well as Oracle software
· Job requires working indoors in an office setting.
· Working in front of a computer for the majority of the shift.
· This position may require travel and/or overnight travel to certain sites.
· Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
· Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
· Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time and Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
· Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans