Powell Industries, Inc. District Service Manager in Broomall, Pennsylvania
Purpose of Position
The responsibility of the District Field Service Manager is to oversee day to day operations and meet the goals of the Service Division within their assigned district. This position is for the Northeast Region and not tied to a specific facility today, looking for an operations business leader to establish a service center in the region, safely manage repairs, modifications and field service operations, while owning financial responsibility and growth strategies.
• Ensure that financial, safety, quality, and other targets are met for the assigned district.
• Supervise and review the performance of all assigned service personnel.
• Attract, hire, and develop employees for the assigned district.
• Smoothly implement company, divisional, and other initiatives, changes, etc. within the assigned district.
• Oversee training of all Service personnel in assigned district.
• Develop ongoing training & career planning for all Service personnel in assigned district.
• Set performance goals and perform yearly evaluation of all Service personnel in assigned district.
• Review warranty requests for investigation and resolution.
• Support and review Service sales inquiries and assist with technical requirements.
• Review quotations for Service products.
• Review purchase orders for accuracy, terms and conditions, and ensure receipt of all necessary information to execute each job.
• Provide customer assistance.
• Provide guidance and technical support for Service personnel in assigned district.
• Determine equipment requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Escalate issues to supervisor as necessary to ensure timely and efficient resolution.
• Reporting to Service Operations Director.
• Internal relationships include regular interaction with: Direct Reports, other District Managers, Project Management, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Warranty Group, and Procurement.
• External relationships include regular interaction with: Customers and Suppliers.
Responsibilities, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
• BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in an electrical service industry environment/Military Electrical Power.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a leadership role.
• Understanding of P&L and other financial reports.
• Skilled with Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Skilled with Oracle
• Skilled with PowerDB.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Manage, direct, and lead employees to meet the specific goals established for their area that corresponds to the overall company objectives. The goals will be achieved by focusing on process, quality, costs and safety metrics.
• Supervise and coordinate the work for field service department within assigned district, while driving continuous improvement.
• Promote, support, and foster growth within the assigned service district.
• Improve cost center efficiency (OE) for assigned district.
• Knowledge of basic electrical theory.
• Knowledge of electrical power distribution equipment.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical test equipment.
• Knowledge of standards within the electrical industry, such as IEEE, ANSI, NETA, etc.
• Ability to interpret test results and make recommendations to customers.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Understanding of financial impact of effective inventory management.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Results oriented, flexible, empowering, and entrepreneurial leadership style.
• Must be responsible and dependable. Leads with integrity and courage.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have demonstrated excellent leadership skills.
• Attend in house and outside training sessions.
• Attend local professional associations.
• Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
• Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
The employee typically performs duties in both a manufacturing shop and in a normal office environment. There will be exposure to the elements of our shop. Additionally there may be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
It is the policy of Powell Industries to promote safe working conditions for ALL employees, to make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, to reduce accidents through prevention programs and to establish rules that are designed for the safety of all. It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.