Powell Industries, Inc. Senior Systems Sales Applications Engineer in Bradford, United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
To develop and maintain new and repeat intelligent integrated switchgear systems for our customers partnering the Regional Sales Managers and the Sales Applications Engineering functions to ensure the achievement of both company and departmental goals and objectives.
Sales Applications Engineering Manager
For whom responsible
No direct reports
- Liaise with the Director of International Sales and UK Sales Manager to ensure the correct decision making with respect to the content of those enquiries selected for bid.
- Liaise with the Systems Applications Engineering team to ensure there is an agreed strategy to optimise the Company’s chances of securing orders, at the best possible margin, from the enquiries which are selected for bidding.
- Liaise with Systems Applications Engineering team to ensure the most appropriate technically compliant suggested solution is generated for the enquiries selected for bid, thereby ensuring the optimum commercial and engineered outcomes achieved.
- Regular discussion with the Systems Applications Engineering team to ensure our product considerations (both present and future) best suit our customer’s requirements and market.
- Review the technical requirements of the client enquiry/ order and make relevant comments for inclusion in the decision.Identify and highlight to the Commercial department all technical project risks and any financial or associated commercial risks associated with them and report any controls introduced.
- To produce accurate quotations from company selected bids ensuring all system and intelligent application considerations associated are identified and quantified by the correct use of the quotation and approvals systems with the objective to maximise profitable order intake.
- To ensure appropriate authorisation sign off levels are met where required.
- Partner with the External Sales function by way of producing and presenting company information relating to systems and intelligent switchgear applications to our customers using appropriate techniques including PowerPoint presentations.
- Be involved in the production of generic technical documentation for Sales Applications Engineering to utilise in their compilation of the final enquiry.
- When contract variations occur, through liaison with the Commercial department, ensure the proper recording, costing and authorisations to proceed with changed scope are obtained.
- Ensure that the ‘hand over’ processes are applied, specifically between the Sales, Commercial and Switchgear Engineering functions and Operations, to ensure minimal non-customer introduced changes are required for the mutual benefit of Powell (UK) Limited and its customers.
- Ensure all relevant QHS & E standards and obligations are met.
- Be fully conversant with the National and International standards detailed in the contract specification. Interpret the contract specification in accordance with the Company standards and industry best practice.
Employment, Educational & Professional Background
- Specific experience of intelligent LV and MV Switchgear or associated products would be desirable
- Experience of intelligent protection relays is essential
- Strong knowledge of serial link communication protocols essential
- A good understanding of DCS interfaces and SCADA packages is essential
- A good educational background to at least HNC standard and ideally with a degree in Electronic/Electrical/Control Systems Engineering