Powell Industries, Inc. Planner II in Bradford, United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
To plan production work to agreed protocols within Oracle and provide support and guidance for the shop floor Supervisors in completing work to plan, at agreed cost and timeliness.
For whom responsible
The Planner is responsible for reviewing the Production Schedules with the Manufacturing Supervisors to determine the most efficient and effective workflow plan to achieve the scheduled project milestones.
The Planner is responsible for reviewing all potential workload with the sales department and provide route cards accordingly.
The Planner will be responsible for identifying potential material shortages for each and every project, together with any associated expediting with the relevant Supervisor.
The Planner will be responsible for releasing Supply Chain requirements from Oracle workbench and ensuring kitting of that material is made at the appropriate time.
The Planner is responsible for ensuring minimal inventory levels for their designated manufacturing units.
The Planner will produce a set of agreed KPI’s on a monthly basis
To provide accurate data to support the Efficiency Improvements & Margin Erosion objectives.To provide data to maintain and upgrade the UBQS as necessary.
Liaise with Dispatch at the appropriate time to effect delivery of the completed equipment.
The post holder will be in regular communication with:
Shop Floor Supervision
- Procurement / Purchasing Team
- Project Managers
- Good IT skills. Familiarity with Oracle or SAP based ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Product/Process Knowledge.
- The ideal candidate will have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- The ability to encourage people working within own function and the broader business.
- The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
- The ability to meet the expectations of both internal and external customers, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
- Sincere and genuine
- Confidence inspiring
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Problem solving and decision making
- Change orientation / continuous improvement
Employment & Educational Background
- Preferably HND/ONC qualified
- Familiarity with Oracle in a ‘make to order’ environment
- Lean Manufacturing Trained