Powell Industries, Inc. Mechnical Team Leader II in Bradford, United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
To co-ordinate and manage a team of people, and by creating plans, communicating and monitoring ensure the execution of work to meet On Time In Full delivery of the LV Mechanical Build line.
For whom responsible
All personnel entering or working in their department.
• Accountable for the Health & Safety of all personnel within their area.
• Planning work for the cell.
• Managing hours worked.
• Reporting cell performance.
• Ensuring training needs are identified and the appropriate training is given and recorded.
• Liaising with internal/external customers and suppliers.
• Communicate Company information to team members.
• Identify, and where necessary work with others to resolve issues and bottlenecks.
• Ensure quality standards and factory housekeeping is of the highest standard.
• Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and on time.
• Ensure that the companies Quality, Health Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are constantly adhered with.
• Audit processes to ensure compliance (QHSE & Oracle/MES).
• Ensure all products are produced and delivered to the customers requirements.
• Shows understanding of HR processes and procedures and manages them in the required timescale and positively promotes them across the business.
• Undertake performance management of all personnel including annual performance review process.
• Carry out investigatory disciplinary hearings in line with company procedures
• Lead by example through a positive attitude and commitment.
• Responsible for absence management of their area.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships through open lines of communication at all levels.
• Identify, validate and implement continuous improvement activities.
• Creating, implementing, monitoring and improving processes that drive OTIF delivery of the LV Mechanical build line.
Effective and regular communication between manufacturing departmental members is crucial. In addition the post holder when required must engage in clear and constructive communication with:
• Switchgear design and development.
• Profiling and fabrication teams.
• Switchgear Application Engineering.
• Quality, Health & Safety and Environment.
• Sales applications/Internal sales.
• Project Managers.
• The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
• The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
• The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
• The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
• The ability to encourage team working within own function and the broader business.
• The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
• Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
• The ability to produce clear factual evidence to assist in prioritising and resolving problems.
• Is able to demonstrate the ability to lead, coach and develop team members
• Has the ability and confidence to identify and address performance issues.
• Use of PC / Microsoft office.
• Working towards or willing to undertake vocational qualification in team leader/management/ leadership skills.
• Certified management qualification (e.g. ILM, NEBSM)
• Knowledge of Powell processes and policies.
Team leaders currently in position should be working towards some of the above qualifications
• Honesty & Integrity.
• Sincere and genuine.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team worker.
• Dedicated and conscientious.
• Customer Focused.
• Planning and Organising.
• Problem solving and Decision making.
• Change Orientation/ Continuous Improvement.
• The ideal candidate will have the experience of working in a busy environment, able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and be a good communicator.
The Job Description is a broad statement of the purpose, scope and responsibilities essential to performing within the role to a required standard. The role and responsibilities thereof defined within will change with technology, working practices and redefining of roles, and with this in mind, the process will be reviewed as changes demand. The format does not require every single task to be recorded, instead the Job Description is written in a ‘generic’ style that permits flexibility but defines the boundaries of responsibility and accountability.
Powell is committed towards equality in employment.