Powell Industries, Inc. Commissioning Maintenance Technician in Bradford, United Kingdom
Purpose of the job
Perform/supervise the practical aspects of installation, modification, commissioning and maintenance of Powell products.
Site Services Supervisor
For whom responsible
No regular reports but may be required to lead installation, commissioning & maintenance teams on a project by project basis.
- The safe and timely execution of Site Services contracts in the Middle East, Offshore and Overseas.
- Conduct and produce Health & Safety Work Method Statements & Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Site Report feedback process to ensure continuous improvement of site and assembly processes.
- Ensure that the companies Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are constantly adhered to all aspects of Site Services.
- Ensure the timely completion of Site Work documentation (Site Reports, Site Work Time sheets, Site Work Expenses etc) to allow for prompt submission of invoices and payroll payments to be made.
- The Site Services function is operated by a team operating internally and externally whose functions are interdependent.
- Effective and regular communication between department members is crucial.
- In addition the post holder must engage in regular communication with:
- After Sales Department
- Shop floor production
- Engineering – LV/MV/ECD
- Quality, Health & Safety
- The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
- A good technical background with specific bias towards the installation, commissioning & maintenance of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Switchgear & Motor Control Centres and associated equipment.
- The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- The ability to encourage team working within own function and the broader business.
- The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
Ability to work in the Middle East, based in Bahrain.
- Honest & Integrity.
- Sincere and genuine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team worker.
- Dedicated and conscientious.
- Customer Focused.
- Planning and Organising.
- Problem solving and Decision making.
- Change Orientation/ Continuous Improvement.
Employment & Education Background
- The ideal candidate shall have experience of installation, commissioning and maintenance of LV & MV switchboards preferably within an Oil & Gas/Petrochem environment.
- Educated to a minimum of ONC in Electrical engineering preferred.
- Previous experience of testing of Electronic Protection Relays and associated communication systems an advantage.
The Job Description is a broad statement of the purpose, scope and responsibilities essential to performing within the role to a required standard. The role and responsibilities thereof defined within will change with technology, working practices and redefining of roles, and with this in mind, the process will be reviewed as changes demand. The format does not require every single task to be recorded, instead the Job Description is written in a ‘generic’ style that permits flexibility but defines the boundaries of responsibility and accountability
Powell is committed towards equality in employment.