Powell Industries, Inc. Associate Circuit Breaker Technician in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Purpose of Position
Provide remote technical assistance and hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and testing of medium voltage electrical distribution equipment.
• Build,Refurbish, rebuild, repair, & test various types of circuit breakers, contactors, grounding devices, and other electrical distribution equipment.
• Provide remote technical assistance to internal and external customers
• Provide safe and clean working environment.
• Interpret Powell electrical schematics & wiring diagrams. Retrieve & print drawings from Powell database.
• Reporting to Breaker Dept Manager
• Internal relationships include regular interaction with: Project Management, Sales, & Quality Assurance
Responsibilities, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent
• Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 Years in a similar role
• Demonstrated understanding of basic electrical theory, safety, and applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using Oracle, MS Outlook, Word & Excel
• Working knowledge with using the following test equipment: Hi-Potential Test Set, Insulation Resistance Test Set, Multimeter, dial caliper.
• Must demonstrate working knowledge with the use of various hand tools and mechanical adaptability.
• Must have verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in problem solving is a preferred.