Powell Industries, Inc. Wiring Technician in Acheson, Alberta
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, the Wiring Technician will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Wiring department. The Wiring Technician will be responsible for assisting the manufacturing process for various products and materials through electrical part installation.
- Electrical part installation such as: relays, meters, switches, etc.
- Wiring: Anchoring, tie-wrapping, routing, push buttons, flagging, & wire tagging.
- Crimping and Wire/Cable Stripping.
- Promotes a safety culture as well as attends all safety meetings.
- Ensure quality by following standard work/process instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure that work areas remain clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of hand, electric, air tools and some vibrating tools.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to read prints including: specification sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, three-line drawings, wiring lists, and part drawings.
- Able to work effectively within the team and around other departments and their activities.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- 0-1 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic ability performing mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read a tape measure (this includes conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fractions).
- Safety training certificates are an asset for the position.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.