Powell Industries, Inc. QA Inspector in Acheson, Alberta
To Inspect and Test Bus duct, Low and Medium voltage Motor Control, Low and Medium voltage Switchgear and PCR. To perform these tests if necessary for Powell Customers and/or their representatives during witnessed customer inspections.
* Inspect and test all equipment manufactured at Powell facilities.
* Interface with shop, engineering, sales, customers and shipping.
* Attend department safety and training meetings.
* Adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
* Record shop discrepancies and shortages.
* Record engineering discrepancies.
* Complete all test/inspection documentation.
* Complete all shipping documentation.
* Perform maintenance on assigned test equipment
* Review and store all inspection documentation.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 0-3 years experience in the industrial electrical field
* Basic Knowledge of electrical theory.
* Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiar with the used of test equipment such as multi meter, clamp-on meter, voltage detector, etc.
* Basic computer skills using Word, Excel and Access.
* Knowledge of National Electric Code
* Able to read and interpret electrical symbols, characters, and drawings.
* Ability to apply industry standards as applicable to job and product.
* Attend in house and outside training sessions.
* Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned