Powell Industries, Inc. Material Handler in Acheson, Alberta
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton, (EDE) location, the Material Handler will report to the Material Control Manager of Manufacturing. The Material Handler will be responsible for loading, un-loading, moving, handling, and organizing all incoming and outgoing parts and shipments.
- Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts, forklifts, cranes or pallet Jacks.
- Picks parts /products for shipments ensuring accuracy of identification and quantity.
- Fill kits and deliver to production as required.
- Ensure all shipment contents are confirmed to records and invoices of the order and that all material is accounted for.
- Prepares goods for shipment, including staging, loading, and documentation.
- Ensure all received materials are organized and distributed to the correct personnel or placed storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all shipping and receiving areas, storage rooms and inventory supply areas.
- Work with co-workers, supervisors, and planners to ensure all material is delivered on time.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensure quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a Shipping and Receiving environment.
- Basic level computer skills in MS Office products.
- Must have valid forklift certification with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience.
- Safety certifications are an asset for the position.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.