Powell Industries, Inc. Human Resources Coordinator in Acheson, Alberta
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based at the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) facility, the Human Resources Coordinator delivers core Human Resources services and support, of varying scope and complexity, to all levels of the organization. Primary responsibilities include general HR coordination, administration of employee benefits and employee engagement programs and hourly recruitment support.
- Local HRIS (Oracle) and Deltek (HRsmart) subject matter expert; responsible for completing and supporting transactions of core employment processes.
- Responsible for supporting full-cycle recruitment of all assigned roles; screening applicants; conducting first round telephone interviews; conducting reference checks; generating offers utilizing Deltek system.
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboarding of the new employees when required.
- Responsible for coordinating locker assignments for current employees and new hires.
- Coordinating the Powell Buddy Program by providing training to participants, managing the buddy list on an ongoing basis, assign buddy’s to new hires, collect and track responses from feedback forms.
- Coordinates the Powell Apprenticeship program by fulfilling all employer requirements.
- Supports training programs by assisting in preparing training documents, handouts, sign-in sheets and feedback forms.
- Administer Service Awards, Power of One and other employee recognition programs.
- Assists with administration of employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; extended health and dental; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies and optional plans.
- Assists in benefits or other surveys; plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys; analyzes results of surveys; develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assists HR Generalist with implementation of approved benefit plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, HR systems and other media for communicating new plans to employees;
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution; maintains contact in person, by phone or mail, with insurance companies and employees to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Work closely with the HR team to support HR projects.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Able to remain open to others’ ideas and willingness to try new things.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality results and compliance with government regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma and/or certificate in Human Resources preferred.
- At least (2) years of administrative or coordinator experience, preferably in a Human Resources environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.